Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Your Own Argument and Opinions


I agree with how my lawyer went about answering my questions there where a lot of different ones that I could have asked in a more construed sense. With that I feel as if he wanted to give the most logical answers that he could give me. He gave me taught me more about the different types of copyrights. He also gave me a lot up on learning about copyright infringement, which refers to “an unauthorized use of copyrighted work that violets the copyright owner’s exclusive rights in the work constitute an infringement.” (Patent, Copyrights & Trademark Page 237 Richard Stim). Which I think was important for me to learn in the fact that after school I plan on modeling and having my own talent agency. Seeing that I would need to trademark my name of the company would be very important to so that there is not confession. “In trademark law, fair use is a defense to a claim of infringement in which the defendant asserts that the use is to describe the goods.”  (Patent, Copyrights & Trademark Page 240 Richard Stim). With that being said that’s why my name of everything that I would want to own would have to be trademark. I think that the fact that I know now how bad I need go about getting a trademark and patent is going to be. Which includes getting licensing of copyrights, also licensing lof any other things I might need to get copyrighted. In the text of ( Patent, Copyright & Trademark Page 289) “A license may be either exclusive or exclusive and can be restricted by territory, time, media, purpose, or by virtually any other factor desired by the parties.”  (Patent, Copyrights & Trademark Page 300 Richard Stim). In the end of it all I think my lawyer was right about all the facts that he given me on the walk through the different laws and copyrights in the end I see that dealing with different trademarks can also be really serious for someone in my field. In the finding of everything some of my questions where dealing with trademarks. “Trademark law also addresses treaties signed by a number of coutries that make it easier” (Patent, Copyrights & Trademark Page 380 Richard Stim) With that being said im happy with the outcome of it all and would go back to using him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment