Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Questions

The reason I chose to do a lot of the questions I did where because I am a freelance model, aldo because I wanted to incorporate some of it with my business owner ship class. I want to know what I need to look out for while doing photo shoots what contracts it takes to do different photo shoots. Seeing that most of the things need different copyrighting laws and a few of the intellectual laws. “Intellectual property laws don’t prevent someone from stepping on the owners rights.” ( Patent , Copyright And Trademark Page 5 Introduction] , with that I wanted to know what I needed to know about modeling , photo shoots , and the different legal actions I should take with some things that would happen. Knowing the different copyright laws will help me personally with doing photoshoots so I know what part of the photo or anything I own. Seeing the different forms of copyright infringement makes it a bigger photo as the book puts it “Any unauthorized use of a copyright work that violates the copyright owner’s exclusive rights in the work constitutes an infringement.”   (Patent, Copyright And Trademark Page 237 ) The questions I  choose have a lot to do with my field and also a photography filed because you want either the photographer or model or even the stylist to know their rights. Also learning about the rights and permissions contact helps a lot. In the book they state that “ A copyright gives the owner of a creative work the right to keep other from unauthorized use of use.”  ( Patent, Copyright And Trademark Page 197) . However this is right but what if there are three owners how is the copyright issued out, what about if there is a logo showing in a photo shoot that no one asked if they could used? Questions like that I wanted the answers too. The answers to some are answered by reading say about dividing the copyright “ When all copyright rights are transferred unconditionally, it is generally termed as an assignment” ( patent  Copyright And Tradmark Page 199) . Those where some of the basic questions that I wanted more in depth answers to. So by that I went to the lawyer of my choosing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment